Hello,

We are trying to define a virtual CICS/TS 2.2 terminal to enable a third-party
batch product (MacKinney Systems' MTPBATCH) to start a terminal-specific
CICS application transaction.  Has anyone successfully done this?  If so, how
did you do it?

We tried defining a Telnet LU and corresponding VTAM appl, and used the
APPL name as the NETNAME in the CICS terminal definition.  This didn't work.
IBM Support told us the LU defined in the Telnet parms is the SLU (client), and
that CICS is concerned with the PLU, so a Telnet definition won't help.

We have also tried setting up a CICS console terminal using TYPETERM
DFH$CONS, but are having trouble tying the CICS definition back to a
CONSNAME and NETNAME since this isn't a physical terminal.  So far, IBM
Support hasn't answered our question about whether this is possible.

IBM Support has suggested using either 3270 Bridge, or a sequential terminal
definition, to get this done.  I know a little about 3270 Bridge, but not
enough
to understand exactly how we would set it up to initiate a terminal-specific
transaction.  We used some sequential terminals years ago, but my
understanding is that the one time they tried to use them in this particular
application, they did not work.  However, this may be our best hope to get
this done quickly.

Just looking for others' experience in this area.  Thanks in advance!

Laura Prill