It works when using Vista32, as the emulator, and _not_ in GUI mode.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Eric N. Bielefeld
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:21 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ISPF not productive

I still think that what you learned first and grew up on determines what

editor you like best.  I worked with VM for about 15 years at P&H Mining

until they retired VM.  I never liked XEDIT as well as ISPF.  I know
that
some of the best people at P&H liked XEDIT better, but they learned it
before ISPF.  I know that there are a few things that XEDIT does that
can't
be done in ISPF, but I can't remember what they are now.

Its funny how things work out when you've been away from ISPF for a
while.
When I would edit something at Lands End on the mainframe, I would keep
grabbing the mouse and try to scroll forward using the scroll wheel.  I
wish
I could do that in ISPF.  I guess you can if you use the GUI, but I've
never
seen that work.

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. z/OS Systems Programmer