 From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
 Sent: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 6:35 PM
 Subject: Re: DB2 for z/OS version 7 - accessing an Oracle database from CICS
and batch

  On 4/16/07, Denis Gäbler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > Hi Jim,
 >
 > the easiest way is probably to write a Java Stored Procedure for DB2 on
 > z/OS that uses JDBC to access the Oracle DB. Then its fairly easy to call
 > that stored proc from CICS and batch.
 > Another solution could be to write a Java Class that does the JDBC to
 > Oracle, wrap that class with Enterprise COBOL for z/OS V3R3 or higher and
 > call that COBOL module from CICS or Batch (any language, just a CALL MODULE,
 > but requires special CEEUOPTs e.g. XPLINK(ON) and POSIX(ON)).
 >
 > Just my 2 cent.
 > Denis.

 Denis, thanks for your suggestions. As it happens we have recently been
 playing with calling Java classes from COBOL and have managed to get that to
 work. One question, why do you say Enterprise COBOL 3.3 or higher. We have
 3.1 installed here and that seemed to work fine.

 Jim McAlpine

Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and industry-leading spam
and email virus protection.