Here's what I do to pass a DB2 plan name to a subroutine 10 level below the
step-level prog:

//    SET PLAN=PlanName
//DB2PLAN  DD   DISP=(,PASS),SPACE=(0,0),DSN=&&&PLAN

The DSN expands into SYSxxxxx.Txxxxxx.RAxxx.xxxxxxxx.PlanName.Hxx, and so
the subroutine issues RDJFCB against DD=DB2PLAN to get and parse the DSN.

HTH,
-Victor-