From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Ray Mullins
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 9:23 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: sysprog demand

That's my observation, too, and it's not just sysprogs, it is application
and ISV developers.  Yet when there's an opening, recruiters come out of the
woodwork, and they can't understand when we turn down that $35/hour no-
bennies senior sysprog opportunity.  Back to that "maximize profit at the
expense of the company's business health" mentality.

A local (Sacratomato) large non-government z/OS shop published a request for
a 6-month sysprog contract. I received three phone calls yesterday from
consulting companies about it.  (As I just recently changed positions, I'm
not looking right now; contact me off-list if anyone wants info.)

Later,
Ray

--
M. Ray Mullins