On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 08:36:07 -0500, Mark S. House wrote:

>Looking for recommendations on adding an 80 megabyte load module to the
>LPA.  What are the negatives.  The reason we would like to do this is that
>one of our application programs that use this module can be used by 1 to
>10 jobs running at the same time.  Our thought is that by making this
>module resident, we would only have one copy of the load module in core
>for up to 10 jobs.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Another consideration might be how often the module needs to change.  If it
needs to be updated often it might be a hassle for you.  Also, each time you
update it, you take another chunk of ECSA.  You'll need procedures to delete
the old copy when it is inactive.  IIRC, you can't delete the copy that is in
PLPA.

--
Tom Marchant