I think that the "straw" which finally prompted the elimination of
suspend/resume channel programs for paging was a problem exposed by
products which DDR swap DASD volumes dynamically.

I suspect the thinking went something like this:  Since the problem exposed by
DDR swap of page volumes was very severe, the complexity of correctly fixing
this problem very high, and the actual performance value of suspend/resume in
this day and age now extremely low, why not simply delete suspend/resume
complexity from ASM?

See OA09675 for more background on this.

Brian