I've been trying to extract and sort some records where
a character form date field (Dyyyyddd) is found at two
different positions in the input record, depending on some
indicator in a fix position elsewhere.

I thought I could
 1.) copy the date field to the beginning of each record
     using INREC IFTHEN OVERLAY and then
 2.) INCLUDE only records within a specific date range by
     referring to the field overlaid by 1.)

I do need the date field at the beginning later on, so I
need to do the INREC processing anyway.

It seems that INCLUDE is processing the records before INREC
is modifying them. (My INCLUDE just did not seem to select
what I wanted it to).

Does anyone know for sure the order of INCLUDE vs. INREC?
The manual only says that INREC can modify records before they
are sorted, merged or copied.

--
Peter Hunkeler
CREDIT SUISSE