Man, I hate replying to my own questions. Our ops guys figured that you
need paren's around the actual initiator *after* initiator number 99.
Hopefully the formatting of the commands below comes out.

$SI99
  $HASP892 INIT(99)
  $HASP892 INIT(99)   STATUS=STARTING,CLASS=,
  $HASP892            INELIGIBLE_CLASS=(X-WLM),NAME=99

$SI(A0)
  $HASP892 INIT(100)
  $HASP892 INIT(100)  STATUS=STARTING,CLASS=,
  $HASP892            INELIGIBLE_CLASS=(X-WLM),NAME=A0

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
09/21/2007 09:22 AM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
JES2 $TI or $SI command on initiators over initiator 99 return invalid

I need to pull out my WLM Managed Initiators to prepare for the
outsourcer. In preparation, in testing, when we issue a $TI or $SI for
initiators after initiator 99 I get "$HASP650 IA0       INVALID OPERAND OR

MISPLACED OPERAND". Anyone hit a similar problem or have a  solution, we
are at z/OS 1.4 at this time.