571-241-5492 (c)
949-203-0406 (efax)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Visit us at www.infosecinc.com

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Ed Finnell
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 1:41 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Industry Standard Time To Analyze A Line Of Code

In a message dated 10/2/2007 12:16:25 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

In  addition, the performance metrics used for application code are vastly
different from the performance metrics used for systems code.

There is  an entire field of study regarding performance metrics when
developing and  revising code.

It is one of the most different tasks that management  has to address.

Goes all the way to Fred Brookes' Mythical Man Month and still evolving.
Got
to do early review of Putnam's Macro modeling. It evolved into SLIM although

his intention was to break it into eigenvalues depending on size and scope
of
 project. He was kinda funny and would often repeat the question in BNF for
his  trusty HP calulator.

_http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=265168.265174&coll=&dl=&CFID=15151515
&C
FTOKEN=6184618_