I need to move on zOS system to another. My "simply" plan was to dump
datasets using DFDSS DUMP and then transferring the DUMP file to the other
system using FTP. For the most part it worked out ok- in fact we'd TERSE the
DUMP file before FTPing and DETERSE after saving lots of bandwidth.

But I've falling into a situation where I have a problem. If I FTP the DUMP
file
to a Windows server using BINARY mode, and then FTP it back to a zOS
system in BINARY mode- DFDSS cannot read the thing. My rear is still sore
over this one.

Does anyone know of a way to FTP the DUMP file back to a zOS system so it
is readable?

Now I've noticed in some searching of the web the that EBCDIC parameter
being mention during the FTP transfer, would that help? BTW- I cannot go
back and recreate the DUMP files- all I have to work with is the transferred
copies on the Windows Server... :-(

Thanks for any help rendered...
Doug Evans