On Dec 6, 2007, at 8:03 AM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:30:33 +0800, Johnny Luo wrote:

BINARY mode itself is not enough.

'quote stru r' is what you need.

Not necessary for TERSEd files.  And of no help to the OP,
who now has the data only on the Windows server.

On Dec 6, 2007 11:33 AM, Doug Evans wrote:

system using FTP. For the most part it worked out ok- in fact we'd TERSE the
DUMP file before FTPing and DETERSE after saving lots of bandwidth.

being mention during the FTP transfer, would that help? BTW- I cannot go back and recreate the DUMP files- all I have to work with is the transferred
copies on the Windows Server... :-(

I will throw my two cents into this as (unless something has been fixed or changed) ... Long time ago and far far away the only way to get a DFDSS dump to ftp was to specify on the output statement (at creation time) was to put "DCB=BLKSIZE=32760" that told DFDSS *not* to create large blocksize (gt 32K) tapes.

32K is the largest FTP can handle (last I heard).

If this has changed will someonbe correct me and let me know what apar fixed this.

Ed