In a message dated 2/15/2008 3:07:03 P.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
<<Just to clarify: size of dir. block is always 256  B,
<No.

OK, I'll bite.  A PDS directory block has an 8-byte count area, an  8-byte
key area, and a 256-byte data area.  At the end of the directory is  an end of
file record, with a key length and data length both equal to  zero.  I would
prefer not to equate this end of file record with a  directory block.  When is
directory block not 256 bytes long?

Bill  Fairchild
Rocket Software

"The truth which makes men free is for the  most part the truth which men
prefer not to hear." [Jim Bishop; 1955; The Day  Lincoln Was Shot]

Awards. Go to AOL Music.