In
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
on 03/03/2008
   at 07:53 PM, Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>Why are you separating the two?

Maybe because they are totally different?

>I rarely write REXX execs that do not interface with ISPF.

K3wl. That doesn't make them the same, nor mean that others don't use them
independently.

>Under TSO, REXX without ISPF functionality is like COBOL without packed
>decimal.

I've written plenty of REXX code that works perfectly well from the READY
prompt. I use ISPF services from REXX only when there is some point to
doing so, and I write ISPF dialogs in languages other than REXX. I may
keep my hammer and my screwdriver in the same toolbox, but that doesn't
make them the same or even similar.