And z/OS 1.4 has been out of support for a while unless you're paying through
the nose for continued support as we were. Are you in 31 or 64? We had a
problem, in a simple monoplex, going from 31 to 64 in z/OS 1.4 with a 3rd party
product doing some nasty things in storage.

Bu Dante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   We run on z/OS 1.4. I know recommended
upgrade is to 1.7 (N+3). Our
system is simple and nothing is shared. There are many 3rd party products
running on 1.4 but up to date. Since 1.7 support will run out in September this
year, we would like to upgrade now to 1.8 or 1.9 if there are no major issues.
Has anybody done this and what are some of the problems encountered and is
fallback possible?