Ed,

Field S99ERROR (after the dynamic concatenation request to DYNALLOC) is
coming back with a value of X'0238': "Space unavailable in task input output
table (TIOT)." The manual says that the application should "Reduce the total
number of allocated DDs and devices. Deallocate data sets that are not
needed simultaneously."

The only way I've found to reduce the total number of allocated DDs is to
reduce the number of files in the folder. I can't deallocate any of the
component allocations once they've been concatenated.

I did use IDF to step through and watch the TIOT grow. With each new
concatenation call, there is an entry which keeps growing in size until the
TIOT fills up.

I think that what I need to know is if I'm missing some approach/technique
that can get around what is probably a legitimate limitation.

David