I think that is the best idea. Hopefully it won't be too difficult. I
can think of some other methods, but they are very UNIXy and "weird".
Such as creating a named pipe, fork()'ing then exec()'ing /bin/cat in
the child to write to the pipe which is then read with QSAM in the
parent. This would eliminate the second copy of the data.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.