We have a report product called EOS (Enterprise Output Solution) by RSD.
For DASD, we have an IBM 8100 defined with a mix of mod-3's, mod-9's, &
mod-27's.

Recently I've been converting my SMS storage groups from mod-3's to
mod-27's.  This past Tuesday, I put several mod-27's into the pool which
contains the report index files for EOS (among a lot of other applications
data).

On Tuesday a new index was allocated and went to one of the mod-27's.  The
product then has a subtak abend.  The systems programmer ran the error
messages by the vendor who says the product is having problems accessing
the dataset and wants to know what changed.

I take a look at the previously existing datasets and the new dataset and
the only thing I can find that is different is that the new dataset is on
a mod-27.  So I disnew'ed the mod-27's, we deleted the dataset,
reallocated same on a mod-3, and the product works.  I added the mod-27's
back in, the dataset is deleted and re-allocated on a mod-27 - and fails
again.

So right now I've disnew'ed the mod-27's and the product is running
successfully on mod-3's.  We've got an issue open with RSD & I plan on
opening one with IBM, but I thought I'd ask this most august group  if
anyone else run into any products that have had any issues accessing
datasets on mod-27's?

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally
privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the
addressee(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying,
forwarding or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof.

Thank you.