On 25 Apr 2008 06:45:59 -0700,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Zaromil Tisler) wrote:

>Does any user of IBM PCOM know a way to change the cut and paste
>behaviour so that trailing blanks are (automatically) stripped off?
>
>I have found no parameter to do that. So, if I want to paste something from
>the screen into a mail, the easiest way I found is to copy the data into a
>variable dataset with preserve "trailing blanks = no" and the ftp the dataset
>my pc.

Does your mail program have a search/replace capability that supports
regular expressions? If "yes", you might be able to trim the trailing
blanks with something like:

    replace all '  *$' with ''

(The above example assumes Unix-style regexps. And note that the
search string begins with two blanks. If you happen to be using
UltraEdit, that would be '\s+$'.)

Eric

--
Eric Chevalier                          E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                           Web: www.tulsagrammer.com