Just as a completely different alternative, have you considered using the ISPF
Workstation Agent (WSA) for file transfers? I've used IND$FILE and I've used
FTP, and I *much* prefer WSA. It's extremely easy to install and use, and has
no dependencies whatsoever on the type of emulator you're using. For example,
if you switch from using Extra to Vista or some other product, it wouldn't
affect your file transfer procedures in any way.

Dave Salt

See the new SimpList(tm) rollover image at:
http://www.mackinney.com/products/SIM/simplist.htm

> Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:18:45 -0400
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Extra! and FTP
> To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
>
> Cross posting to IBM MAIN and TCP groups.
>

> I am trying to resolve an issue with EXTRA! when it is setup for FTP rather
> than IND$FILE.
>
> I use IND$FILE and it works great.
>
> When I setup my session for FTP the process hangs when I select Settings (to
> choose how the file is transferred).
>
> I looked at the settings panel and I have no SCHEME as a default. DOes anyone
> know how the default SCHEME is put into EXTRA!
>
> I am using EXTRA! 6.5 SP2 which I believe is really OLD.
>
> Any guidance is appreciated.
>
> Lizette

Try Chicktionary, a game that tests how many words you can form from the
letters given. Find this and more puzzles at Live Search Games!
http://g.msn.ca/ca55/207