On Sun, 4 May 2008 15:39:47 -0400, Robert A. Rosenberg wrote:

>At 16:23 -0500 on 05/03/2008, Tom Schmidt wrote about Re: SVC99:
>
>>I suspect that the problem your program is having has less to do
>>with the SYSDSN enqueue that S99WTDSN was designed to cope with, and
>>more to do with the SYSVSAM enqueue that Catalog management and VSAM
>>use for proper serialization during the catalog compression
>>processes. I do not recall any user control over that SYSVSAM
>>intersect via SVC99.
>
>Issuing a ENQ TYPE=TEST against SYSVSAM just before the SVC 99 would
>give an indication of a probable intersect problem (with the caveat
>that the test assumes that the ENQ status will stay the same until
>the SVC 99 is issued).

I don't think that the caveat conditions will be met under the OP's
circumstances.

There will be intersect issues after SVC99 during OPEN as well as possible
intersect
issues during SVC99 processing.  The catalog compression processes might well
acquire/release/reacquire/re-release the various enqueues during processing, in
variable pattern depending upon the catalog's specific needs.

While I'm not a big fan of WTORs in general, the process otherwise described by
another
poster to use WTOR & multiple ECBs and a WAIT, sounds like a workaround to OP's
problem.  I would use the MODIFY ECB instead of WTOR.

It sounds like a messy problem to have.

--
Tom Schmidt