Thompson, Steve wrote:
I have been searching IBM-Main, and the current PoOP, as well as a few
Migration manuals.

Where does IBM state that this or that feature/function is the minimum
requirement for a given release of z/OS?

I am trying to take advantage of some new instructions, but I have to
make sure that they match up with the O/S requirements.

What I am looking for, specifically is, the EXTENDED IMMEDIATE
group/function/feature.

Sorry to disappoint. The most-recent level set was z/OS 1.6 requiring z/Architecture. No operating system release requires machines that implement the extended-immediate facility (z9 and higher).

With the lack of interconnect between z10 and z900/z800, some have speculated that z900/z800 will be dropped by upcoming releases of (at least) some middleware products if not the operating system itself. So far, nothing is announced.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc