This is common if you are far backleveled on your maint. The online
order process only seems to go back one level when you request pre-reqs.
Those pre-reqs may have additional pre-reqs so you will need to order
those separately.

If you have the time, you can do the research yourself with the aid of
IBMLINK (when available) and only place one order. I have found it
faster to order what I want to install, run an applycheck, and place
another order for any missing pre-reqs. I have *never* had to go past a
total of three orders to get all necessary maint.

HTH,

<snip>
Several times I have ordered PTF's (for example for DB2), over Internet
with all the PREREQ's  and got several 100 Mbytes.
After I was unable to install, as some PREREQ were missing etc etc , I
asked the IBM to help, and they provided a list
with some tool , which contained only the really necessary PREREQ's
Somebody knows about his tool ?
Can we get this somehow  ?
</snip>