Lester, Bob wrote:
 -----Original Message-----
 From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
 Behalf Of Rob Schramm
 Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 4:04 PM
 To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
 Subject: Re: Free z/OS webserver
The Abstract is written in such a way to make it plausible to assume
that
 the  JIWO610 - IBM HTTP Server for z/OS Powered by Apache is indeed
 replacing the existing HTTP Server.  However, everyone has a point
 regarding the pdf being a bit less than clear.
I have sent off a question to get final clarification. I will update
the
 list when I get a response.

Hi Rob,

   Thanks for checking into this.  I'll be interested in any answer you
might get.  I'm just getting started with attempting to serve pages from
the mainframe and want to make the right decision re: Domino Go -vs-
Apache.

Bob Lester

Bob, well, you can serve webpages from the HTTP server as is. Check
out the free technical document on our website, "Hosting a Web Site
on z/OS - one person's experience" at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/Papers/Hosting_web_on_zos.pdf

Then bring us in for the three day "Introduction to z/OS UNIX"
class for your applications programmers. [See
http://www.trainersfriend.com/UNIX_and_Web_courses/u510descr.htm ]
then, maybe the five day course "You and z/OS and the World Wide Web",
details at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/UNIX_and_Web_courses/u518descr.htm .

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

  z/OS Application development made easier
    * Our classes include
       + How things work
       + Programming examples with realistic applications
       + Starter / skeleton code
       + Complete working programs
       + Useful utilities and subroutines
       + Tips and techniques

==> Check out the Trainer's Friend Store to purchase z/OS  <==
==> application developer toolkits. Sample code in four    <==
==> programming languages, JCL to Assemble or compile,     <==
==> bind and test.                                         <==
==>   http://www.trainersfriend.com/TTFStore/index.html    <==