I never heard of that fault line.  Thanks for giving me peace of mind!

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. z/OS Systems Programmer
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
414-475-7434
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kelman, Tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The earthquake in Illinois was a little action along the New Madrid
Fault Zone which centers around southeastern Missouri, northeastern
Arkansas, and western Tennessee.  The last time it really acted up was
in 1812.  It is estimated that the 1812 quake would have registered at
8.0 on the Richter scale.  It was felt as far away as Quebec, rang the
church bells in Boston, and changed the course of the Mississippi River.
At that time the area was very sparsely populated.  If a quake of that
magnitude happened there today there would certainly be billions of
dollars in damage and probably serious loss of life. It is predicted
that a quake of a magnitude of at least 6 will happen in that area by
2040.  So, being far away from the California fault zones doesn't
necessarily mean you won't get an earthquake in your area.  There are
major fault lines in the earth all over the place.  Just another reason
to have your DR plans up to date no matter where you are.
Tom Kelman
Commerce Bank of Kansas City
(816) 760-7632