Yes Ed, it is. So is saying 'put up open easels' without thinking through how
make that happen. (Patience - I'll get to what happens these days.) These
open easels need to come from somewhere. Since SHARE is a User Group, it
takes users with ideas to help move it along into an action. Just throwing out
the idea and hoping someone will pick up your flag and carry it (old military
process) does not get things done. When getting the easel takes money then
another set of users get involved. SHARE, like any corporation/company, can't
just wave the wand and have things happen. (Patience - I'm getting to today.)

I'm lucky to sit low on the org chart and not have to deal with how money
gets spent. But I can think, 'would you be happy if we raised registration by a
buck per person so these easels can just be put up?' And then by another
buck for the next idea tossed out there? And another buck, and another?
Somewhere we get bogged down in trying to keep costs low for a User run
conference and what can be done. (Not my job.) These kinds of road blocks
exist. What has recently been happening is that the same easels that are
outside of the sessions are being brought into the reception for these things.
Laugh as I tell how long it took for something as simple as that to happen.
Somebody empowered themselves to think outside the box. My guess is that
staff turnover and the MEET THE PROJECTS RECEPTION where we need lots of
easels clicked in someone's head.

So maybe now we need to find who has the IBM-MAIN banner and get it into
SHARE's hands if we want it up.

It makes me wonder though, since projects usually have a table and the
project volunteers try to hang out there to meet and greet, who is it (if we
need someone) that is hanging out at IBM-MAIN. In the days I was carting
the IBM-MAIN and MVSE banner from one day to the next day I had no idea
what it stood for nor who would choose to sit there. Nowadays I do.

SHARE needs users with ideas and the backbone to try and make them happen.

And then I have to put a disclaimer that I do not speak for SHARE, I'm just
involved and doing things. Sometimes throwing out ideas and hoping someone
else will pick up my flag and carry it into battle, sometimes kicking the
hornets
nest and getting the bees buzzing.

Get to a SHARE Conference, get to the MVS table(s) and hook up with us.

(But look for me over by Rexx - I'm with three projects now and still help
MVS/SCP (MVSE).

Now if I can only remember who had IBM-MAIN .......