In a message dated 8/6/2008 10:36:19 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>>ISAM.

ISAM is not an IBM utility.  It is an access method which is about to  become
seriously unsupported by IBM.  I suspect you will have to write your  own
utility whose design is similar to that of IEBGENER; i.e., read one logical
record using QSAM from the input file, add that record to the output buffer;
repeat until the output buffer is full, then write it to the output file using
BDAM (q.v.).  Alas, there is no QDAM, so you have to do the blocking on the
output side yourself.

If ISAM were to continue to be supported, you could write the logical  record
to the output file using QISAM and your one-time special-purpose utility
program would be simpler.  But you will still need to write the utility
program
yourself.  Or find it on the CBT, maybe.

Bill  Fairchild
Rocket Software

Read reviews on AOL Autos.
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017