John, check your SMP/E zone.  I'm sure that's what Walter looked at.
Walter, check the module, like John did.  I'm betting you have the same
module.

Entry Type:  LMOD
Entry Name:  ASASYMBM

To return to the previous panel, enter,END,.

To select an entry from a zone, enter,S,next to the zone.

     * - Entry not found in zone.
    ** - Zone could not be allocated or is not initialized.

           -------------------- Status -----------------------------------
   ZONE    ,LASTUPD ,        ,        ,        ,        ,        ,
   -------- -------- -------- -------- -------- -------- -------- --------
, ,D0710   ,HBB7740 ,        ,        ,        ,        ,        ,
, ,D0802   ,HBB7740 ,        ,        ,        ,        ,        ,
, ,GLOBAL  ,*       ,        ,        ,        ,        ,        ,
, ,TARGET  ,*       ,        ,        ,        ,        ,        ,
, ,T0710   ,HBB7740 ,        ,        ,        ,        ,        ,
, ,T0802   ,HBB7740 ,        ,        ,        ,        ,        ,

My ASASYMBM module, when browsed, says HBB7707, but SMP/E says it's
HBB7740.  So, gotta go with SMP/E, since I can trace that module from
ServerPac to prod.

Cheers,,,Steve

Steve Conway
Lead Systems Programmer
Information Systems & Services Division
Computer & Network Operations
Phone:   (703) 450-3156
Fax:        (703) 450-3197

   "Chase, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
   09/05/2008 07:42 AM
   Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: TN3270 Abend S0F8 RC04

 BROWSE    SYS1.MIGLIB(ASASYMBM)
 Command ===>
********************************
.Ø......ASASYMBM.......µ
س..............................
Ø..5695PMB01 ....±.é.|
Ø..Ø..569623400 ....±PL/X-390  .
Ø.h......RSI12683873
............ ..{...{
å00..ASASYMBM 01268 HBB7707.°Ö}.

Also:

 BROWSE    SYS1.LPALIB(ASASYMBM)
 Command ===>
********************************
.Ø......ASASYMBM.......µ
س..............................
Ø..5695PMB01 ....±.é..
Ø..Ø..569623400 ....±PL/X-390  .
Ø.h......RSI12683873
å00..ASASYMBM 01268 HBB7707.°Ö}.

So, I'm "reasonably" sure it's HBB7707.  :-)

Also, IBM Support said (in my PMR) that ASASYMBM had not been changed
since z/OS 1.2.

Anyway, you won't see the S0F8s on z/OS 1.7 regardless your level of
ASASYMBM, because tn3270 (telnet) didn't start calling ASASYMBM until z/OS
1.8 (again, IBM said so in my PMR).

    -jc-