From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Eric Bielefeld
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 9:59 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Info on Setting Up an Lpar for Flashcopy

We just installed a new Shark DS8100 with Flashcopy.  I was looking for
information on setting up an Lpar to copy all of the Flashed disks to tape.
We back up all of our DASD every week.  We would like to be able to mount
the flashed copies in a separate Lpar using the same volsers as the
original, and then back them up.  I have searched for documentation on
setting up Lpars to do just that, and haven't found anything.  We want a
simple Lpar, if possible using a one pack system.  We use Zara for tape
management.

Eric
--
Eric Bielefeld