John McKown wrote:
So you created, basically, a SAS-only LPAR? Yuck! Possible, but not what I'd
call desirable. Taken to a logical extreme, that would mean that I would
create "n" LPARs of various MSU levels and then run each product in the LPAR
which most closely matched its needs.

A dedicated LPAR?! That's nothing!

Last week, I spoke with a representative from a large state government agency that plans to deploy a tiny, dedicated z10 BC just to run software from an ill-behaving ISVs -- specifically, one that refuses to recognize sub-capacity pricing. Everything else they have runs on a "gaggle" of humongous z10 ECs...

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc