Additionally, under PCI you have to separate test and production.. which
for the external boxes... means buying more.  Not so for the CEX2C's since
they can be shared across LPARs.

I agree about the speed.  I am not sure that the actual processors run
that much faster.. but the ability to use an internal connection v.s.
tcp/ip connection alone makes a huge difference.  For pin crypt/decrypt
there should be something like 2-3 ms response times should be possible
YMMV.  Which is very good considering what all is being done for you.  Of
course some of the response times are dependent on the programmers
invoking the services.

I am sure IBM has some reference customers... but I don't think you'll see
a list of all customers using it.  Companies get very "funny" about this
stuff.

Cheers,

Rob Schramm
Sirius Computer Solutions