As Ted mentioned, Canadian banks use it.  It is also used extensively
by European banks and those in the Antipodes.

What do these banks have in common?  They use all the traditional
EFT cryptography *plus* the additional functionality for EMV (SmartCards).

Also, being inboard, IBM crypto is inherently more secure than attached
outboard offerings and benchmarks an order of magnitude faster.

> Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 20:24:28 +0100
> From: r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl
> Subject: Re: ICSF and VISA/MasterCard?amex reference list
> To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
>
> Hal Merritt wrote:
> > IBM does not, to my knowledge, disclose any details about their customers.
> >
> > Institutions that may use the facility often frown upon any public
> > discussions.
> > Even if they were willing, they have their customers' wishes to consider.
> >
> > What would you like to know?
>
> I'd like to present to some guys a list of banks / companies using IBM
> crypto hardware for PIN verification.
>
> Just to prove that mainframe crypto HW is secure enough to provide such
> services. To show this is not experiment, rather industry standard. To
> prove that mainframe is reliable, secure, proven platform ;-)
> It need not be official list, so if someone wants to contact me off-list
> and say "hey, I'm working for ABC-bank, we are using crypto-HW for PIN
> verification for years"...
> The largest company the better ;-)
>

> --
> Radoslaw Skorupka

Windows Liveā„¢: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_explore_012009