On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 08:34:17 -0500, McKown, John <jmck...@healthmarkets.com>
wrote:

>True: sum(zIIPS)+sum(zAAPs) <= sum(CPs).
>
>I am wondering if I could have, say, 4 CPs, 2 zIIPS, and 2 zAAPs and then
make an LPAR which only has 1 CP, but all four of the speciality engines.
How about an LPAR with all 4 CPs, 2 zIIPS, and 2 zAAPS, but then config off
all but one of the CPs, in order to reduce my MSUs. Of course "Group
Capacity" has done a good job of reducing my MSUs for SCRT. Management is
very happily "dialing down" the capacity in small steps, waiting for the
screams.

I do not know
But what is also interesting is that a zIIP or a zAAp is ( IIRC) always a
full capacity engine while the standard CP is according to the z10 model .
If all this was becoming true, it would open a lot of opportunities for
reducing the customer bill .

Bruno Sugliani
zxnetconsult(at)free(dot)fr
http://zxnetconsult.free.fr