AS Eric said. There is a facility profile, I think somewhere in the
STGADMIN set, that allows rename of an inuse dataset on a different
volume.

  I doubt IEHMOVE will work. I would resist using IEHMOVE for anything.
The only excuse I can still think of would be restoring a file
originally written by IEHMOVE. We don't have any anymore :)

Dave Gibney
Information Technology Services
Washington State University