From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Chase, John
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:09 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: What's the difference in SMP/E between the SOURCEID's
called RSUnnnn and PUTnnnn ???

But the catalog entry 'currently' points to the dataset on the 'live'
volume.  The define / rename activity should be performed with the
'inactive' volume explicitly specified so only the VTOC is updated.

   -jc-

email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html