OK, I get your meaning. But for all main HLLs on z/OS (COBOL, FORTRAN, PL/I,
IBM C/C++), it is "standard" to use LE. Just like on Linux, I'd say that it is
"standard" to use a glibc compatible environment.

>  From a GCC perspective, one would normally expect to produce
> programs
> that operate with GNU's library.

True. What might be nice, on z/OS, is to implement a library of "stubs" which
are glibc compatible, but map the glibc calling sequence into the associated LE
subroutine's calling sequence. Well, at least __I__ think it would be nice. I
actually rather like the CEEDUMP output. It is well known that I am weird.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group