Thanks to those who supplied answers to this post. Perhaps I should have been
more specific as to the type of information I am looking for. We have a
functioning SMStape environment running 3 IBM ATLSs which have been around for
some time so the concepts are not new. We are investigating the possibility of
implementing an EMC DLm into the current environment as an MTL as an addition
to the current SMStape configuration. The basics behind the functionality are
understood but I was looking for some real world experience with EMC DLm or
similar equipment running as an MTL.

Thanks,
 Frank.