From:   Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Date:   07/18/2012 02:18 PM
Subject:        Re: REXX ISPF edit FIND failing
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

>Thanks to everyone!  I have kept plugging at this and tried all your
>suggestions.
>Here is what I see so far.
>1) There is no reason syntactically that this should not work
>"ISREDIT F ALL 'DISP=SHR,DSN=MSYS.UCMD.REMOTE&PDQR.(&SYSTEM)'        "
>
>2) For some strange reality THIS works
>"ISREDIT F FIRST 'DISP=SHR,DSN=MSYS.UCMD.REMOTE&PDQR.'                "
>and this does not.. as soon as you add the "("
>"ISREDIT F FIRST 'DISP=SHR,DSN=MSYS.UCMD.REMOTE&PDQR.('               "
>
>3) Lizette's P' processing can be made to work (but really should not be
>necessary)
>"ISREDIT F ALL P'DISP=SHR,DSN=MSYS$UCMD$REMOTE$PDQR$(&SYSTEM'        "
>Works !!!
>"ISREDIT F ALL P'DISP=SHR,DSN=MSYS$UCMD$REMOTE$PDQR$(&SYSTEM$'       "
>Works
>"ISREDIT F ALL P'DISP=SHR,DSN=MSYS$UCMD$REMOTE$PDQR$(&SYSTEM)'       "
>Does NOT
>
>        Now, why "(" causes the ISREDIT FIND to go nuts, but not the
>ISREDIT FIND P' ' is quite beyond me.
>        And why ")" causes ISREDIT FIND P' to go nuts, but NOT "(" is
also

>Thanks to all, I now have something that works, sort of, but there is
>really something wrong with ISPF here.
>by the by, I am on zOS 1.11

I am z/OS V1.12.  I am using the F P'xxxx' ALL inside a member with your
exact data.

If I use
F ALL p'DISP=SHR=DSN=$PDQ$ALC$UNVLIB$$UCMIN$'

It works

If I use
F ALL p'DISP=SHR=DSN=$PDQ$ALC$UNVLIB$$UCMIN)'

It works.  So not sure where the problem is.  I will test later with an
ISPF macro.  So native F ALL P'xxxx' works.  Just need to check out the
Macro side.

Lizette

Lizette