In <m3629e8dnf....@garlic.com>, on 07/23/2012
   at 03:45 PM, Anne & Lynn Wheeler <l...@garlic.com> said:

>Gordon Crovitz: Who Really Invented the Internet?
>http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444464304577539063008406518.html

The WSJ has always had better[1] journalistic standards in the news
than on the editorial page. It's no surprise that an editorial is full
of errors.

>co-worker from the IBM science center:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edson_Hendricks

There's an error in that article and in the RSCS article; RSCS uses
connection-oriented protocols, not connectionless protocols.

>and then after another decade morphs into HTML

It would be more acurate to say that HTML was originally an SGML
application.

[1] But not as good as I would have liked.

     Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>