On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 13:36:42 -0400, Frank Chu wrote:

>It's for an application that has already been written by us.  The app is
>an assembler debugger and we want to add the ability/option of
>displaying it's contents on the PC with something other than in a 3270
>emulator.     There's not a lot of real estate in a 3270 screen and
>there are limitations on how we display things.  This is becoming more
>of an issue as we move beyond just debugging HLASM programs.

It sounds as if you need something beyond the capabilities of 3270
data streams.

>With regards to the multiple tabs/windows.  The general idea behind the
>GUI on the PC would be that in a single debugging session, you can have
>a window open for displaying the code as you are stepping through it.
>Another window to display register contents, another one for variables,
>another one for displaying storage that your program will modify,
>another window for HELP, etc.   If you have used Eclipse or Visual
>Studio, it's similar to something like that.

How about X11, then?  Servers available at attractive prices for almost
any platform you care to name.

HOD?  On what platforms are people running HOD?  If it's a Java
applet, it should be quite portable.  Is it a priced product?

Is anyone out there attaching multiple 327xs to a TSO session?

-- gil