For those interested in cross-platform batch (which we refer to as "z/OS
Hybrid Batch"), you may be interested in the following case studies:

"z/OS Hybrid Batch Processing: Generating a multi-page PDF document with
Co:Z"
http://dovetail.com/products/casestudyitext.html

"z/OS Hybrid Batch Processing: Running SAS Programs with Co:Z"
http://dovetail.com/products/casestudysas.html

(Sample JCL and programs are freely available.)

We recently announced the "Co:Z Load Balancer", which allows you to
distribute z/OS Hybrid Batch jobs to a pool of zBX blade servers, based on
workload information provided by zURM.
http://dovetail.com/products/loadbalancer.html

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com

The Co:Z Toolkit is free to use; license and support agreements are also
available.
http://dovetail.com/support.html