On 10 September 2012 12:03, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:
> Is there a technique, statement or utility that will cause a program or
> jobstep to "see" a different timezone? I recall you could do this in VSE. I
> looked at the CBT tape and did not find anything. Is there a programming
> technique that would work? The politics are such that writing code is a more
> acceptable solution than a vendor product.

If you know that your target program uses only the TIME macro, and
that it's the default (SVC) form, which is commonly true of
traditional application programs, then you could set up SVC Screening
to catch those TIMEs, and edit the results appropriately.

SVC Screening is not difficult to use, though the doc is a bit less
than clear in places. Of course it requires APF authorization, and
then you'd presumably want to invoke your problem program in an
unauthorized state. And that's another set of politics to contend
with.

Tony H.