Den 01-11-2012 22:58, Tom Longfellow skrev:
Of  if you use Firefox browser, just install the EPUBReader extension
and use Firefox.  Works on Fedora Linux and presumably would work on
the many other platforms supported by Firefox.
      jc ewing

I apologize for being less than clear in my original post.
Another way of stating my problem is:   I do not get epub documents
delivered when I click on the EPUB RedBooks links.

For Volume 13 this is the web page presented:
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247717.html?Open

and I select 'Download EPUB',  this link:

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/epubs/sg247717.epub

good luck,
Birger Heede