What is the real issue you are trying to resolve?  Unless the GDG has been
inactive, the status of the migrated datasets shouldn't matter.  If one of the
datasets is recalled from ML2, it would not be part of the GDG (it is
catalogued separately) because there would be current datasets belonging to the
GDG.  So even if the status of the archived dataset is ROLLIN, it won't be
after the recall.

How did you end up with so many deferred datasets?  The Using Data Sets manual
says a dataset is converted from deferred to rolled-in when the system performs
end of step processing unless the dataset was allocated with NEW,KEEP.  Since
ALTER ROLLIN is valid only for SMS datasets, they should never have been
allocated this way.

BTW, the HSM Storage Administration manual discusses ALTER ROLLIN only for
datasets recovered from backup, not for datasets recalled from migration.