From:   Ed Finnell <efinnel...@aol.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU,
Date:   02/01/2013 01:32 PM
Subject:        Re: My Last Days as a Sysprog
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

One of our sysprogs took the highest paying offer in Chicago and
found a flat a few blocks from work. First winter storm put on his fedora
and gloves and headed to work. Said about half-way there noticed he
couldn't
 feel his hands or feet. Fortunately, there was a parking garage on the
way
and  the
manager said 'Man come in here you're freezing to death!' Gave him a cup
of
 'fortified' coffee and then a lift in the tow truck the last few blocks.

Said he typed up a new resume that night. Took the first offer in
California and has been there ever since(37 years).

In a message dated 2/1/2013 3:03:25 P.M. Central Standard Time,