From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Michael Babcock
Sent: 25 June 2020 15:12
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Does adding real storage require an IPL?

We recently added some unassigned memory to our production LPAR and IPL’d.
The memory did not show.  We had to deactivate the LPAR and reactivate it
to add the memory.    This was on a z14-ZR1 with z/OS 2.3.

Michael Babcock
OneMain Financial
z/OS Systems Programmer, Lead

e-mail, and delete this message.