--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

W dniu 01.07.2020 o 14:19, PINION, RICHARD W. pisze:
Are saying that I can't find that kind of information from the SMF Type 14/15
records?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of R.S.
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2020 7:26 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SMS Data Class attribute Extended

[External Email. Exercise caution when clicking links or opening attachments.]

W dniu 30.06.2020 o 21:53, PINION, RICHARD W. pisze:
We are attempting, on our QA LPAR, to use the SMS DC attributes,

Data Set Name Type  . . . . . : EXTENDED
    If Extended . . . . . . . . : PREFERRED
    Extended Addressability . . : YES

for all of our sequential data sets.  Of several hundred/thousands of
dataset allocations, during the test period, we ran into 4 ABENDS, 3 S213-94
and 1 S213-B8.  Which is pretty good, in my opinion.

IEC143I 213-94 - An OPEN macro instruction was attempted against an
extended-format data set, but the access method is not BSAM or QSAM, or is BDAM
load mode.

IEC143I 213-B8 - An OPEN was attempted against an extended-format data set with
a DCB that specified EXCP. EXCP is not supported for extended-format data sets.

I would like to examine our SMF 14/15 records from our production LPAR
to identify other potential problem datasets.  I have an ancient user
written assembler program, 1980's, that reports on SMF 14/15 records.
One of the reported columns is MACREF, which has a test for EXCP processing.  If it was
EXCP processing, the record is reported with an "E" for that column.  I'm able
to see all 14/15 activity that has activity for EXCP processing.
However, I noticed that SORT and ICEGENER use EXCP processing.   We didn't have
any ABENDS with SORT
or ICEGENER.

Two questions,   1)  In addition to my ancient assembler program, can anyone
recommend a free reporting tool,
that we could use to identify datasets not eligible for EXT format,
and 2) Why does SORT/ICEGENER work against EXT type datasets with EXCP process?
1. I think you ask about programs, not datasets. No tool can recognize how the
dataset will be or would be used in the future or was used in the past.
2. As Shmuel said there are nuances here.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

Jeśli nie jesteś adresatem tej wiadomości:

- powiadom nas o tym w mailu zwrotnym (dziękujemy!),
- usuń trwale tę wiadomość (i wszystkie kopie, które wydrukowałeś lub zapisałeś
na dysku).
Wiadomość ta może zawierać chronione prawem informacje, które może wykorzystać
tylko adresat.Przypominamy, że każdy, kto rozpowszechnia (kopiuje, rozprowadza)
tę wiadomość lub podejmuje podobne działania, narusza prawo i może podlegać
karze.

mBank S.A. z siedzibą w Warszawie, ul. Senatorska 18, 00-950
Warszawa,www.mBank.pl, e-mail: kont...@mbank.pl. Sąd Rejonowy dla m. st.
Warszawy XII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego, KRS 0000025237,
NIP: 526-021-50-88. Kapitał zakładowy (opłacony w całości) według stanu na
01.01.2020 r. wynosi 169.401.468 złotych.

If you are not the addressee of this message:

- let us know by replying to this e-mail (thank you!),
printed out or saved).
This message may contain legally protected information, which may be used
exclusively by the addressee.Please be reminded that anyone who disseminates
(copies, distributes) this message or takes any similar action, violates the
law and may be penalised.

mBank S.A. with its registered office in Warsaw, ul. Senatorska 18, 00-950
Warszawa,www.mBank.pl, e-mail: kont...@mbank.pl. District Court for the Capital
City of Warsaw, 12th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, KRS
0000025237, NIP: 526-021-50-88. Fully paid-up share capital amounting to PLN
169.401.468 as at 1 January 2020.