From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Tom
Brennan
Sent: 01 July 2020 05:46
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: AT-TLS ? Very Basic Questions

This mail originated from outside our organisation - t...@tombrennansoftware.com

Thanks KB...  I think I got my basic question answered, which is that one thing
AT-TLS was designed for is to encrypt data for TCP/IP programs that weren't
originally written with encryption.  In addition, it sounds like even programs
that can do their own encryption (i.e. TN3270) can also use AT-TLS.  If so,
that's a smart plan - putting encryption processing in one bucket with one set
of controls, and one spot to update when TLS1.x comes along.

But if I'm wrong with any of the general notes above, please correct me.

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the
addressee and may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If you are not the addressee, or have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not
copy, disclose or otherwise act upon any part of this e-mail or its attachments.
Internet communications are not guaranteed to be secure or virus-free. The
Barclays Group does not accept responsibility for any loss arising from
unauthorised access to, or interference with, any Internet communications by
any third party, or from the transmission of any viruses. Replies to this
e-mail may be monitored by the Barclays Group for operational or business
reasons.
Any opinion or other information in this e-mail or its attachments that does
not relate to the business of the Barclays Group is personal to the sender and
is not given or endorsed by the Barclays Group.
Barclays Execution Services Limited provides support and administrative
services across Barclays group. Barclays Execution Services Limited is an
appointed representative of Barclays Bank UK plc, Barclays Bank plc and
Clydesdale Financial Services Limited. Barclays Bank UK plc and Barclays Bank
plc are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the
Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Clydesdale
Financial Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct
Authority.