From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tom Brennan
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 9:46 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: AT-TLS ? Very Basic Questions

Thanks KB...  I think I got my basic question answered, which is that
one thing AT-TLS was designed for is to encrypt data for TCP/IP programs
that weren't originally written with encryption.  In addition, it sounds
like even programs that can do their own encryption (i.e. TN3270) can
also use AT-TLS.  If so, that's a smart plan - putting encryption
processing in one bucket with one set of controls, and one spot to
update when TLS1.x comes along.

But if I'm wrong with any of the general notes above, please correct me.