Count me in for a more serious discussion.  Note that some (perhaps large)
proportion of potential users of such a co-op may be of the kind that need
infrequent access to system programmer functionalities, only the widest
possible range of compilers and subsystems for application-level explorations.

Of course there would also be those who would need / want the ability to
explore authorized-program  construction and use (how to set up and use PC-SS
clients and servers, for example), and such exploration always has the
possibility to blow up or cripple a system while learning the Right Way to do
such things.

Easy recovery of a "virgin" working system-level environment with your source /
data disks left intact will be important for such explorations.

Another "setup" issue may be what third-party tools can / should be included.
E.G., Rocket ports and jzos are free to install, but to be done properly and
considering the total space occupied should be installed at the system level,
not in individual user file systems.

Certainly some discussion is needed around the availability / use of such
features.  Ditto for such features as the emerging Zowe environment and RD/z or
whatever that is named these days and zOSMF, etc., etc.  Can / should a user be
permitted to set up some reasonable number of large EAV volumes for big-data
functionality exploration?  Ditto for large unix file systems or z/OS based git
server hubs.

Peter

P.S. - At least in my mail client, your email address in the message headers is
the listserv web interface, AFAIK it is not possible to email you privately at
that address.